The times have indeed changed: Mobile devices have surpassed the number of desktop users in browsing the internet.
This puts mobile marketing and the advertising sector at an advantage, which is projected to grow at to become a staggering $100-billion industry this 2019.
Because mobile devices are perfect for an instantaneous, flexible, and on-the-go lifestyle, there has been an increasing number of users on mobile phones. It helps sustain their fast-paced lives by providing fluid solutions in different aspects such as shopping and leisure, utility fulfillment, mobile banking, as well as services such as food and laundry service delivery and ride-hailing.
This being the situation, getting your mobile marketing strategy right isn’t just optional – it is now a requirement for success.
Facebook and its Ad Platform
Without a doubt, Facebook has dominated mobile internet usage. Out of roughly 1.5 billion users around the globe, 1.4 billion of them are active monthly mobile users, making this social media giant as the single most-influential platform for mobile advertising.
If your organization is still not utilizing the Facebook Ad platform for advertising, it’s high time you start doing so.
The Right Audience: Breaking Down Facebook’s Audience Insights
Due to its hyper-audience targeting parameters and programmatic capabilities, mobile advertising agencies and experts have been doing everything they can to master Facebook Ads.
Its targeting parameters provides an intimate overview of your preferred target audience while using advanced algorithms to deliver ads based on your set budget and settings. It’s also paired with Audience Insights that helps you track your ad’s performance, making it easy to make decisions to optimize your ads mid-campaign for better results.
To give you an idea of how Audience Insights work, here are some audience filters available on the platform:
- Create custom audiences based on your existing email lists, phone number lists, as well as Website Custom Audiences you’ve gathered before
- Target people based on where they are located, where they live, allowing you to execute contextual advertisements based on cultural uniqueness
- Choose your target audience based on gender, age, and life events
- Target people based on specific interests (pages they are connected with) that are aligned with your messaging
- Filter out people that are related to particular interests and pages, or apps and events that are not in line with your intent
Aside from these, there are other demographic behaviour parameters you can utilize to target the audiences you prefer:
- Relationship Status
- Income and Net Worth
- Home Ownership Type
- Ethnic Affinity, Generation and Household Composition
- Political Inclinations
- Device operating systems
Compel Your Audience with Interactive Creatives
Because Facebook Ads’ Audience Insights already allows you to connect with people who are highly likely to interact with your ads, making creative materials for your advertisement that resonates deeply with your target audience is all the more critical.
Moreover, using vibrant colours on eye-catching photos that feature your products and its uses will help your ads perform better.
Facebook Ad platform’s carousel ad format is useful in compelling your audience into making an action. It’s a great way to optimize an ad’s performance due to its very interactive post format, where multiple photos are arranged horizontally.
What’s even better is that carousel ads cost the same as usual photo advertisements, so you’re getting significant interaction for the same price with carousel ads.
When Should You Use Facebook Carousel Format?
According to Facebook, that carousel ad format lets you upload up to 10 images or videos within a single ad. And each of these elements can feature its links, making it ideal if you promote many products or services.
Facebook Carousels have plenty of uses that can be very effective in different industries:
- If you’re running an e-commerce business, the carousel format is perfect in showcasing multiple products on Facebook Ads and redirecting people on each of the products’ pages on your website.
- It’s also high in emphasizing a product’s essential features, as it allows you to highlight some characteristics on one post.
- You can use the carousel ad format to be playful with your ad material.
- It gives you the freedom to tell a story in snippets, mainly when you utilize the descriptions for each carousel card.
- This format is also high in showcasing a roster of subsidiaries under your company.
To leverage the Facebook Carousel ads, keep the following parameters in mind:
- Supported image file type: JPG or PNG
- Image file size: Maximum of 30MB
- Recommended resolution: 1080 x 1080 pixels
- Recommended ratio: 1:1
- Supported video file type: Refer to this list
- Video file size: Maximum of 4GB
- Video length: Maximum of 240 minutes
- Headline: 40 characters
- Text: 125 characters
- Link description: 20 characters
As mobile internet usage continues to rise, Facebook and other digital platforms on mobile devices are undoubtedly pushing the boundaries of innovation to greater heights. Therefore, keeping up with these innovations is an innate responsibility of marketers and advertisers alike. With each new advertising platforms being made, advertisers must look for new and innovative ways to stay on top of the competition, market their products effectively, and fulfill the demands of users that are increasingly living in a mobile-first world.
Kevin Urrutia is the founder of Voy Media, a Facebook Advertising Company based in New York. He is dedicated to helping businesses triumph over the everchanging marketing landscape through the effective use of one of today’s most effective marketing platforms – Facebook. He crafts results-oriented solutions that are tailor-fit for each client his team works with.