Adlibweb – Guest Blogging
Thank you for your interest in guest blogging for Adlibweb! We’ve created a system to help guide you through the process.
A word about our audience:
Our audience is made up of professionals and people interested in Digital Marketing – in general, they are professionals or upcoming marketeers. Your guest post simply needs to be directed to our core audience (marketers) in some way based upon the areas that we cover:
1. Digital Marketing Strategy
2. Content Marketing and Inbound Marketing
3. Growth Hacking – real shortcuts
4. Social Media Marketing
Guest posting rules:
- You can’t directly advertise your product, business or service within your guest post unless we approve it first. The point of guest posting is to show that you are a thought leader. Your only goal should be to educate our readers on a topic that helps them out. The only exception to this is if you have some original research relevant to the blog entry.
- You may link to any of your online products or services within the main body of your guest post. However, if you add many links to your web or service (or your client’s product or service!) our readers WILL pick this up as a subliminal advertisement and simply not like your post. They won’t share it.
- You may include a bio/signature section at the end of your post where you can link to your website.
- Do not include screenshots that brand your own product or services. This is to avoid any sense of promotion.
What will get your blog accepted?
We get many more submissions than we accept. These are the criteria we look at:
- Read our blog. Develop a sense of what we publish.
- Write for digital marketers. Address what they are looking for.
- Work on the main message in the introductory paragraph. Edit your first paragraph so that the point of your blog is clear.
- Be prescriptive. Don’t just tell readers to do something. Explain how.
- Tell a story. Make it personal. Share things you have seen, lessons you’ve learned, problems you’ve solved, etc.
- Make it concrete. Give examples, details, metrics. Tell and show. Make it real. Deliver aha moments for readers who may be scratching their heads.
- Make it long enough to engage and enrich readers (and no longer): You should aim for 1,000 – 1,500 words but a shorter better quality blog is better than a rambling watery diatribe.
- Disclosure. Please disclose any relationships / partnerships you have when providing examples, technologies, etc.
- Use a friendly voice. Say I, we, you. Use contractions as you would normally (you’ll).
- Include high resolution images (PNG or JPGs) and/or video or infographic embed codes. Please make sure you send us the originals with your submission otherwise we can not include them.
- Give credit. Check your facts and quotations. Cite your sources.
- Be passionate.
Don’t feel like you have to complete your entire post before pitching it to us. Just start by filling out the form and we’ll get back to you to discuss. Also, if you’re not sure if your idea for a post fits our guidelines, but you still think our audience will love it, go ahead and complete the form anyways.
We look forward to hearing from you!