How Much Budget Do You Want to Dedicate to SEO?
You should anticipate setting a budget anywhere from $1,500.00 to $10,000+ a month, depending on the total amount of capital you have available. The more you can dedicate to improving your online visibility, the faster you can expect to see results. Your SEO should be part of your overall digital marketing efforts, so it’s essential to balance SEO with the rest of your marketing plan. Regardless of strategy or budget, SEO takes time. SEO is only one part of digital marketing.
Knowing how much of your budget to dedicate to SEO lies in understanding what your goals are, and your current progress toward those goals. Answering these questions can help you determine how much of the budget you can or should allocate:
- How long has your company had an online presence?
- How much organic search traffic do you get now?
- Are you on the first page of Google for any search terms? If so, what tactics got you there?
- How much competition is there for keywords in your industry?
- What do you think your competitors are spending on their SEO efforts?
- How much should you budget for SEO?
Budgeting for SEO is the million dollar question for many businesses – and unfortunately, there’s no clear-cut answer. What works for your business likely isn’t going to work for the next one.