Ask these 7 questions to as many of your initial paying customers as you can to uncover the insights that will lead to growth:
1. How did you discover (Product)?
Insight: What channels are effective for user acquisition.
2. How would you feel if you could no longer use (Product)?
Insight: Determine product/market fit. 40+% of respondents should answer that they would be very disappointed.
3. What would you likely use as an alternative to (Product) if it were no longer available?
Insight: What your users consider to be your competition.
4. What is the primary benefit that you have received from (Product)?
Insight: Determine the main benefit that your customers receive from your product.
5. Have You Recommended (Product) to anyone and how?
Insight: How your customers describe your product to others — important to help you narrow in on compelling company messaging.
6. What Type Of Person Do You Think Would Benefit from (Product)?
Insight: Know the perfect use case for your product.
7. How Could We Improve (Product or Company Name) To Better Meet Customer Needs?
Insight: Where your product is falling short, and how you can fix it.
Original article published here
Also published on Medium.