Content marketing is a type of marketing that involves creating, publishing, and distributing material online for a targeted audience. Because this is a highly competitive industry, the approaches used are constantly changing. So, if you don’t stay updated, consumers will become disinterested in what you have to offer and move on. That’s why it’s important to keep up with the latest trends in the world of content marketing.
Some of the new trends in this industry are:
- Customized marketing with a clear policy on privacy: People are a lot more conscious of their privacy than they used to be. As a result, they are very careful when it comes to personal information. Statistics show that more than half or about 55% of customers surveyed worldwide said they had chosen not to buy anything online owing to worries about privacy. In the marketing space of today, it is important to understand customer sensitivity. It is also vital to know that different consumers draw the line at distinct locations when it comes to worldwide attitudes about private information usage. Consumers and regulators are now more aware of how organizations collect, store, and use private information.
- Use of Infographics: There is an increased use of graphics and illustrations because statistics show that people following illustrated instructions do 323% better than individuals following instructions without illustrations. This has made marketers focus more on resources such as infographics because they tend to interest people more.
- Shifting focus from typed search queries to conversational trade: Because of the prevalence of technology and innovation, there has been an increased use of voice search. Voice searches are done with the use of a voice-enabled independent device or digital assistant, such as Amazon Echo or Google Home. Different phones are also supported by a type of virtual assistant, which can be used to perform searches. Between 2014 and 2017, the number of people utilizing voice search to find a deal, local product, or service rose by 75%. The way searches are done has changed, and so it has become necessary to also optimize content to suit this form.
- Content Characteristics: If you want people to retain what they have seen in your content, it is important to add visuals. Statistics show that after three days, people remember just 10% of any data. When this information is combined with an appropriate picture or image, however, individuals will remember as much as 65%. This also tends to increase the engagement of the post and makes it easier for users to share it with others.
- Grabbing the attention with a live video instead of a gif or a recorded video: People are more responsive to live videos than to prerecorded ones. There is a higher chance of viewers staying online to watch a live video compared to ones that were recorded previously. Because the video is live, the audience feels more connected and encouraged to participate and comment on what is being discussed. Statistics even show that last year, 82% of respondents preferred watching a brand’s live video to reading its social media posts.
There you have it! The hottest trends in content marketing that could make all the difference for enterprises that practice them. If you own a business, you could give a few of these techniques a try and see which ones work best for you.