Social media marketing is often overlooked and underestimated, but it can actually prove to be extremely effective when done right. This article will discuss three great ways to market your product using social media. But first, let’s look at the benefits of social media marketing and why it is so important.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is the best way for brands to achieve goals that other types of marketing can’t. Here are the top advantages of marketing by using social media:
- Cost-Effective: Compared to traditional marketing and other types of advertising, social media marketing is quite cost-effective. It doesn’t require a big budget, so it’s perfect for smaller businesses.
- Customer Satisfaction: Having a social media account for your company means constantly interacting with social media users. Reply to comments, share user-generated content, and interact with your followers in every way possible to satisfy your customers.
- Brand Authority & Loyalty: Customer satisfaction and brand loyalty and authority go hand in hand. By making your customers more satisfied, you will be able to make your customers be more loyal to you and view you as an authority in your field.
- Marketplace Insight: Yet another valuable thing you gain by interacting with your customers is getting the invaluable marketplace insight.
- Conversion Rates: More visibility which comes with social media gives you more opportunities for conversion. You will see an increase in your conversion rate sooner or later.
- Brand Awareness: Social media gives you exposure nothing else can. You will be able to dramatically improve your brand awareness and get more people to know about your brand.
- Host Giveaways & Contests
Giveaways and contests: what could be better? The thing about both of these is that they help achieve several goals at once while promoting your brand and product without actually advertising it.
Giveaways are perfect for those who are just starting out though they are also great to celebrate some kind of milestone you just passed. Be it 10 thousand followers on Instagram or your company’s one year anniversary, any occasion will be a perfect premise to host a giveaway.
Contests are a bit trickier because they require judges and not everyone can participate in them. For example, if you are doing an art contest and asking your followers to draw something related to your brand, not everyone will be able to participate, because most people don’t know how to draw. But that, of course, depends on who your followers are. If you are selling art supplies, your audience will mostly consist of artists.
Whatever your situation is, you must keep in mind some things when planning your giveaway or contest:
- Fun Contest: Make sure that your giveaway or contest is fun. Don’t sound like you are all business but rather like you just want to make everyone happy and you are happy about it too.
- Simple Rules: There is no need to make it too complicated. Make the rules as simple as possible so that everyone understands them and can participate in your contest or giveaway.
- For Everyone: If you are hosting a contest, it would be a good idea to promise presents for everyone and grand prizes for the first three places. This would ensure that everyone benefits from participating and you get a chance to establish long-term relationships with them.
- Advertise In Communities
Advertising your product in groups and communities can be just as effective as traditional advertising in the form of social media ads. But what makes advertising in communities different is the ability to target one specific audience that is more likely to engage with a post than with a usual ad.
The most important thing to keep in mind when choosing the social media groups to advertise in is to always find something relevant to your brand and the product you want to promote. If you fail to find a corresponding community, you will not be successful in this method of marketing your product using social media.
The three most important rules to follow when advertising in groups and communities are:
- Connect With Group Members: You must connect with group members and start a long-term relationship with them that will be beneficial both to them and to you. Interact with their comments and answer questions.
- Converse In Their Interests: Keep in mind their interests and try to provide them with relevant content.
- Be Transparent: Don’t hide any details and be as transparent as possible when describing your product.
- Offer Great Deals & Promo Codes
Last but not least, you can offer great deals and promo codes. Profitable deals can be a great way to engage your audience at all times while giving away promo codes can help keep your customers loyal.
Special deals and offers are perfect for attracting even more followers to your social media account and increase your sales. If someone didn’t want to buy your product before because of the price, they may be more than willing to do it now by using a promo code to get a discount. Likewise, promo codes and special deals will help you keep your audience loyal to your brand and find even more followers and fans of your company.
Try to brainstorm some ideas on how you can use promo codes more effectively. For example, you can give out promo codes on birthdays and other special occasions. Moreover, holidays are the perfect time for offering great deals. You can also combine several products in one pack and offer discounts for such specific packs. Also, consider selling gift cards that can be bought and given as a present to whoever your customer wants.
To sum up, social media marketing is not that complicated even if you are a beginner. Make sure that you look through this article again and make notes of each of the methods provided. All of them have proven to be effective, so you won’t regret using them in your own campaign.
Cynthia Young loves taking every opportunity to share her knowledge with others. Along with digital marketing, Cynthia is also passionate about personal growth and wellness. When she isn’t writing, she can be found hiking with her dog, cooking Thai cuisine, and enjoying hi-tech thrillers. Also, she works in the thewordpoint.com .
Also published on Medium.