One of the largest employment sectors in the world, real estate has thrived tremendously in the past few years. Since it is one of the most sought after investment options, its scope of development looks promising.
Today, the way properties are bought and sold is evolved as well along with development in the realty sector. A number of online real estate portals are available, therefore, investors or buyers can now browse through a variety of property options right at their fingertips. But, as a realtor, how will you cater to a range of buyers and investors? That is where digital marketing comes into the frame.
Look no further as we present to you five digital marketing strategies that will aid you to generate real estate leads.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Research and use words on your website/web page that you think your users will look for. These words are known as ‘keywords’. Placement of keywords plays an important role to improve search engine page ranking (SERP) and increase traffic to your website. Important factors affecting SEO are:
- On-page SEO – On-page refers to content on your website/web page. Relevancy is the key here. Analyse and use keywords based on users search volume. Use keywords that are relevant to the content on the website. For example, the keyword ‘2 BHK flats in Kharadi’ is relevant to a page that provides details about Kharadi area.
- Off-page SEO – Off-page refers to inbound links to your web page. Expertise-Authority-Trustworthiness (E-A-T) is the key here. Providing concise, and accurate information is the stepping stone to become E-A-T. Write guest posts, offer advice on forums, and co-author a blog to boost your SERP and generate leads for your business.
- Technical SEO – Mention apt information in Meta Tags (meta description and meta title). Meta tags are a roadmap for search engines to crawl and index your web page. Ensure that your website is responsive and is mobile-friendly. Lately, mobile-friendliness is one of the major ranking factors considered for ranking in search engines.
Content marketing is an efficient way to create brand awareness, boost the traffic of your website, generate leads, and build conversion for your real estate business.
- Blog – Write blogs that will guide and imbibe viewers with the information they’re looking for. You can write an overview of a project, provide your insights about the latest happenings in the realty sector, give tips to deal with first-time homebuyer anxiety, and so on.
- Videos/Virtual Tours – People believe what they see. So, integrate videos/virtual tours of a project on your website and other content pages. Virtual tours provide 3600 view to the potential buyers. Thanks to the advent of AR, VR, and AI, you can view a property virtually in own your space comfortably.
Social Media Marketing (SMM)
According to a report by ‘we are social’, there are nearly 3.48 billion social media users globally – and this has increased further looking at the stats from Supply Gem to 3.72 billion in 2020. SMM drives user engagement. Hashtags(#) are to social media what keywords to search engine. SMM and SEO are interdependent. E-A-T factors play a primary role in deciding whether or not users will share your social media posts.
Social networking sites provide you with a platform to connect to real estate communities, share your opinions, and stay updated with the latest trends in real estate.
- Facebook and Instagram are two of the most popularly used social media platforms today. Using these mediums, you can easily share details related to a project in audiovisual format.
- Facebook, YouTube and Instagram support unpaid and paid advertisements. With the help of paid advertisements, you can reach your target audience according to the demographics, age groups, etc. and improve the rate of conversion to your website and business.
- Lately, LinkedIn has also emerged as a social network that connects professionals across the globe. It lets you reach your target audience within minutes.
Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising
PPC advertisements have the potential to generate leads and build conversions for your business. Paid advertisements are commonly referred to as ‘pay-per-click’ or PPC ads. These PPC ads help to cater to a range of audience or to a target audience, drive traffic to the website and build conversions. You can drive traffic to your website through PPC by paying the minimum or said charges to search engines and/or publishers for every time your ad is clicked.
- Google Ads is a platform provided by Google that lets you place advertisements for slots at the top of SERPs on Google. You have to pay per click to Google whenever a visitor/user clicks on the ad.
- PPC is supported by Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn as well. These platforms enable you to reach your target audience (by specifying age group, demographics, area/locality, etc.)
Email marketing is an impactful way to stay connected to your potential buyers. Include infographics, and creative subject lines to allure the attention of your audience. Through email marketing, you can:
- Announce new launches (in an area)
- Offer pre-launch/launch discounts
- Notify about latest blog posts
- Share your brand’s latest achievements
To conclude, we can say that all of these factors are interdependent. By implementing these five strategies, your real estate business will definitely reach new heights for sure. However, every strategy will take its own course to work for your business. Consistency is the key here. And, always remember the E-A-T factors.
*Note: The given particulars are based upon market analysis and may or may not work for every realtor.